3/4 cups of cold butter (she strongly recommends margarine)
1 3/4 cups flour (NOT generic grocery store brand. She swears this is important!)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tspn vanilla
1 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn baking soda
2 cups oats
2 cups Scotchies (I used chocolate chips this time. Either works!)
1. Cream butter in an electric mixer on medium speed.
2. Add half of the flour, all of the sugars, the egg, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla.
3. Once those ingredients are combined, add the remaining flour.
4. Once the flour is thoroughly mixed in, add the oats and the chips.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, form perfect cookie dough balls. Roll the cookie dough balls in a bowl of sugar so they are totally covered.
6. Freeze the cookie dough balls completely. This helps them keep a better shape when you bake them later!
7. Preheat oven to 375˚. Bake the cookies for about 9 minutes, or until they are golden colored. Warning: the cookies will appear way too soft and you will be tempted to put them right back in the oven. REFRAIN! The cookies get hard after sitting out for about a minute because they continue to cook. So the softer you like your cookies, the less time you should leave them in the oven!