Hi guys! December is here - it is officially the best time of the year! I say officially because I have been celebrating mentally since early November. Now that Christmas is 23 days away, it's time to start thinking about gifts! Giving is the best part of the season; I am the type of person who begs people to let me give them their gifts weeks in advance. Annoying, possibly yes, but I cannot help it. As much as I would love to go buy all my friends Chloe bags and YSL heels, it just aint in the budget. As we grow up I feel like it's kind of an unspoken bit of common knowledge that sometimes we just can't afford the same gifts we could in the younger years. Thats why little homemade treats are so fun; they're a thoughtful gesture that doesn't hurt your bank account or leave your friends feeling obligated to spend money they don't have on you. I made this scrub because I have been SO CURIOUS about that Frank body scrub thats taken over Instagram. It claims to have so many healing powers but I can never bring myself to order it because it is probably more basic than it claims…..I took some of the main ingredients from Frank and made some myself! It truly did leave my legs feeling like silky clouds and I guarantee any girl would love some scrub to pamper a little bit. This is such a great gift for a co-worker or bestie that you think deserves a little pampering love!
P.S. This scrub has so many beneficial properties, literally! I would add a little card noting all the exciting benefits of the scrub!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup ground coffee (I used the left overs in my espresso machine which required me to make two lattes. Im not complaining - this way it is not a waste!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients together! Melt the coconut oil a bit. If its too hard, you can imagine it won't mix. I used an old Pink Himalayan salt jar for my scrub. But I also got a mason jar from the Dollar Tree for only a dollar! This should last about 2 weeks. That is how you know its good, it is fresh without any weird chemicals preserving it!
- Rich in antioxidants
- Natural cleanser
- Natural humectant - draws moisture from the environment into the skin.
- Excellent source of glycolic acid - encourages cell turnover and generates fresher, younger-looking skin.
- Topical exfoliant – exfoliates dead surface skin and reveals healthy skin underneath.
- Temporarily reduces appearance of cellulite (!!!).
- Exfoliates dry skin making it silky smooth.
- Calms inflamed and red skin because of antioxidants that protect from premature aging.
- Stimulating properties of coffee improve blood flow making your skin appear radiant, bright, and alive!